Prepare yourselves! It’s really really soon!
On Sunday June 13, join us for the Fourth Annual No Cookie Left Behind Bake Sale, part of Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale. Hot on the heels of our incredibly successful Cookies Without Borders Bake Sale for Haiti comes our annual bake sale. We’ve got a few new tricks up our sleeve this year. Get excited, people.
WHAT: The No Cookie Left Behind Bake Sale is a community event that brings together cupcakes, quiches, and cookies, and the people who love them, to enjoy a summer day at Scoops and raise money towards eradicating childhood hunger in the US. Over the the last 4 years, we’ve raised over $10,000 for Share Our Strength and Doctors Without Borders.
WHEN: Sunday, June 13, 2010. 2 – 5 pm
WHERE: Scoops Gelato. 712 N Heliotrope Dr. 90029. In East Hollywood, just north of Melrose, between Normandie and Vermont.
WHAT’S NEW: A lot!
- THE RAFFLE! We have amassed an incredible list of prizes for the first ever No Cookie Left Behind raffle. All the details coming soon, but expect prizes from restaurants like Pal Cabrón, The Golden State, and Sauce on Hampton, free organizing bootcamp sessions from Bneato, yoga packages from U Studio, and much, much, MUCH more. INCLUDING A TOUR OF THE SET OF GLEE!!! GUIDED BY ONE OF THE SHOW’S PRODUCERS!!! See details on all the prizes here.
- FRYSMITH! The Frysmith truck will be on hand to temper your sugar binge with their genius concoctions of deliciousness atop French fries. Salty and sweet — it’s a winning combination.
WHY: We were so happy to be able to make a small difference after Haiti’s devastating earthquake. But childhood hunger is a problem that affects every state in our own country, every single day. As part of the Great American Bake Sale, we’re filling you with sweets to raise funds for Share Our Strength, an organization that combats childhood hunger in the US by:
- increasing access to the public and private programs that can provide food to those who need it,
- strengthening the community infrastructure for getting healthy food to children, and
- teaching families how to get the most nutrition out of a limited budget
ALSO WHY: This is a convergence of Angelenos united because they like doing something good, spending a day in the sunshine, baking and eating sweets (and fries!), being around delicious ice cream, and interacting with others who do the same. It’s a very special event, and a wonderful thing to be a part of. We could have just solicited for checks, but No Cookie Left Behind is about community.
WHAT’S COOKIN’: Watch this space for details, but you can bet it’ll be delicious. A vast array of baked goods from local business and extra-special home bakers, as well as a select group of homemade jams. This year we’ve even got small batches of pickled vegetables.
QUESTIONS? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in donating baked goods, helping out on the day of, or if you have any questions.
See you on the 13th! We love you!